Monday, January 24, 2011

Who Would Have Thought?


We were recently blessed with the opportunity to go to Disney World on vacation. For Josh and I, knowing the trip would include a 15 hour drive, the dreaded double stroller, diaper bags, nap time, mad dashes to a public "potty" & then a 15 hour drive to get back home, knew this may not be the place where dreams come true for us. But I was determined to seize the moment and make these memories with the boys. The trip went surprisingly well! No major catastrophes or even meltdowns and there were several moments that I will cherish...Joshua's pure excitement to meet the characters (especially Lightening & Mater), Eli's first hair cut at the Barber Shop in Magic Kingdom, Joshua's laugh when he rode Goofy's Wild Ride roller coaster, & the way Eli kept smacking Daisey Duck when she was trying to sign their autograph book. However, none of them compare to that one priceless moment that makes the whole trip worth it and just when I least expected it...Boom! there it was. One night, we had decided to stay and watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. I figured we may not last through the whole thing because Joshua scares easily at loud noises and after all, it was just fireworks. We had surely experienced more exciting things that day. Those fireworks started shooting off one after the other and my very active three year old froze in his place. He was in awe. It literally took his breath away to watch them. "Mommy, Mickey is doing this for us!" And then...the moment...the four words that made the trip ALL worth it...right in the middle of that beautiful fireworks show..."I LOVE YOU MOMMY". That was it, my heart melted, my mom got teary eyed (we still tease her about it) and for the rest of the show we all watched that precious boy instead of any fireworks.

It made me think...when is the last time I have stopped and been in awe of God's glory? How must He feel when I rush about by day and never pause to say "I love you?" Wow! The blessings He has given us is overflowing. The next time you have a moment that takes your breath away, stop and praise God for it. He does these awesome wonders for us, is it not the least we can do for Him?


The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;

where morning dawns, where evening fades,

you call forth sounds of joy.

Psalm 65:8

No comments:

Post a Comment