Monday, January 31, 2011

Where's my Focus?

I have to be honest and say...it's been one of those days! You know, the kind where nothing seems to go right. It started with me oversleeping...definitely not living the Proverbs 31 "gets up while it's still dark and provides food" verse today. Shortly after, here comes my three year old, "mommy when you get off work, will you paint my room red?" Seriously! Then came the total meltdown, because of course I'm not painting his room. "Wahhhhh!! But red is my fravrite...not yucky blue. Wahhh!!"
I get to work & realize I have lost something rather important! Search the office...nothing. Search the car...nothing. Back home to search the house...nothing. I use my lunch break to search my husband's car...nothing! Just great, now I have to admit to several people that yes, over the past 3 and half years something (or some things) has caused most of my brain to be sucked out and now I tend to lose things, which never happened to me in the past.
Ok...I'm getting over it, I'm moving on and then a conversation is brought up about soccer. Oh yea, I have promised Joshua he can play this year. Hmm...wonder when I need to sign him up. Oh...15 DAYS AGO! Nice...now I get worst mommy of the year award.
Then I'm reminded of Matthew West Song "My Own Little World"
Start breaking my heart for what breaks yours
Give me open hands and open doors
Put your light in my eyes and let me see
That my own little world is not about me

Ouch. I made this entire day about ME. I worried about how others would perceive ME, if MY kids would like ME, and how to get control of MY day back. Forgive me God. Each day should be about YOU. May I be a light for you & put my selfish ways behind me!


No comments:

Post a Comment