Monday, February 14, 2011

Stevie and Rachel

Happy Valentine's Day! Today is one of my favorite holidays and the main reason is not the romance of it all. My husband sent me beautiful flowers today and I loved them but he shows me he loves me more than just today. I really am reminded of all my friends and family that I am blessed to have in my life because I love them too! Josh and I have two very dear friends that are about to embark on an exciting time in their lives. However, it means they are leaving Memphis to do it. I have been so sad to think about them going! After they left our house the other night I just cried and cried. I told myself...Laura! Get a grip, you have lots of family and many other friends still in your life, why are you so bothered by their leaving? We have known them basically forever so there is familiarty in them being around. But there is one moment in our friendship that I will cherish for the rest of my life. As most have heard the story many times, Joshua was born with a birthmark on his forehead which meant he may have a neurological disorder. Needless to say, we were heartbroken at the thought and with my new motherly hormones I was a basket case. We asked everyone to pray that the CT scan would have good results and he would be a healthy baby. Of course everyone told us they would and I believe they did but this sweet couple did more than just nod their head and go to their homes to pray. That stood in Joshua's nursery and said, "Of course, let's do that right now." They held our hands AND they prayed for our precious baby boy. The next night, their fathers came over and prayed over Joshua. Love me and I am grateful...Love my babies like that and I am in your corner for life! I saw Jesus in them that night and I will never be the same because of it.

I pray I will be a blessing like that to someone one day. I pray people will see Jesus in me...just as I saw Him in my friends. I am so thankful to our Heavenly Father for them. Who has been a blessing to you? Who has shown you Jesus? Have you thanked God for them lately?

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment