Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finding my Green Pasture

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

Psalm 23:2-3

After a long day yesterday, I was excited about coming home, crawling in my bed and getting a good nights sleep. It lasted for about an hour and a half and in walks my two year old crying. Poor thing had an ear ache and could not go back to sleep. A dose of benedryl later, we were finally back to bed. That was once again short lived as my 5 month old started crying which had me out of bed for the rest of the night. Now I have to say I am normally blessed to have children that sleep through the night. But when it rains...it pours.

I thought about Psalm 23:2-3 this morning. Those verses always give me a sense of peace in the chaos that is life. I need to find my green pasture so I can be refreshed and restored. Where is your green pasture? Lately mine has been sitting in my living room early in the morning, holding Eli & reading God's Word. I would like to say it's getting away from everyone & relaxing somewhere beautiful...but who has time for that. I pray today you allow yourself to find a "green pasture" and spend some time with the Lord. And now back to the chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment