Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hunger Pains

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
Matthew 5:6

My two year old attends Kids Day Out on Tuesday's here at church. It's a great way for him to get out of the house and give my mom (the babysitter) a break. Yesterday when I picked him up they told me that I needed to pack more in his lunch. Apparently he scarfs down his food and then asks the other kids if he can have some of theirs! What can I say, the little guy likes to eat.

It made me think, Oh that one day He will hunger and thirst for the Lord. It just comes so easily to pray for their safety and health. But we should always pray for their salvation first and foremost. I also want to be that example for my children. I hope as they grow older, I do not get side tracked with the things of this world. I want to teach them that God comes before everything else. He should be our greatest desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment