Thursday, May 13, 2010

Poop!

The tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts...with the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth comes praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.
James 3

My two year old now finds it hilarious to respond with the word "Poop!" every time he is asked a question. Me: What did you do today? Joshua: Poop! Me: What do you want for dinner? Joshua: Poop! Me: Do you love me? Joshua: Poop! It's time to start a lesson in taming the tongue. Am I devastated my son yells "poop" every other minute? Of course not. But it really has got me thinking...I have to be his example of what is good to say and what is not. For now, it's cute. But one day, the word is not going to be so funny. Lord, please remind us today that little ears are always listening to what we say. May we be filled with you so only holy , pleasing words come from our lips.

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder. Thanks for helping hold us all accountable.

    ReplyDelete